The Riverside County Department of Child Support Services (RCDCSS) is holding public events throughout the month of August to encourage more families to receive needed services.
Fittingly, the theme for this year’s Child Support Awareness Month is “You are there for them, we’ll be there for you.”
To reach more families in need of child support services, Riverside County Department of Child Support Services will take part in the following events throughout the month of August. Any parent with questions regarding a new or current child support case are invited to attend:
- Open House Event on Saturday, August 10. The department will be open from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., with community partners available to assist with family law, counseling, child care assistance, and more.
- Open Saturday, 2nd Saturday of every month: To better meet the scheduling needs of our customers, RCDCSS will offer extended office hours the 2nd Saturday of every month from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at both the Riverside and Indio RCDCSS offices.
- Driver License Release Program: This allows parents to set up payment arrangements to reinstate driver’s licenses that have been suspended for non-payment of child support. Requirements include a $30 down payment (per case) and a signed agreement for future payments. Parents recently released from prison may be eligible for reinstatement with no down payment. This program will run from August 1 through August 30. After this date, accounts must be kept current to avoid licenses from being suspended again.
- Serving our Community Events: Riverside County Department of Child Support Services staff members available at several locations to assist with child support services. We will provide current on-site case assistance or help with establishing a new case. No appointment is needed, walk-in help is available.
Outreach in Desert Hot Springs (DPSS) is set for Aug. 8 and Aug. 22 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 14201 Palm Dr., Suite 108, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Outreach in Mecca (DPSS) is set for Aug. 7 and 21 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.., 91-275 Avenue 66, Suite 100, Mecca, CA 92554
Any person that currently has a child support case open in the county, and whose individual circumstances have changed, is encouraged to contact Riverside County Department of Child Support Services at (866) 901-3212 or visit one of the events above. Check out the flier by clicking here.
- Hands of Support: Image by Michal Jarmoluk from Pixabay