Sunday, March 11 is a red-letter day in the Coachella Valley. It marks the long-awaited arrival of Loma Linda University Children’s Health – Indio.
The Coachella Valley community is welcome to attend the All About Kids Health Expo at Loma Linda University Children’s Health – Indio, Jill and Barry Golden Pavilion from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., 82-934 Civic Center Drive.
The inaugural event will offer free, healthy fun for the whole family, including giveaways, activities and food trucks. Confirmed activities and vendors include:
- Fitness activity with 24 Hour Fitness, Indio
- Gardening with Moller’s Garden Center and Sprouts
- Teddy Bear Clinic with LLUCH child life services
- Coloring station with the Big Hearts for Little Hearts Desert Guild
- Heathy snacks from Bristol Farms
- Balloons and face painting with Funtastik Balloons
- Cake decorating with Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Photo booth and much more to come
All children who participate will receive a free T-shirt and be entered for an opportunity to win one of 12 bikes and bike helmets.
LLU Children’s Health – Indio will officially open its doors to the community on Monday, March 12 offering pediatric primary care services.
Children will be able to receive specialized pediatric care, in an outpatient setting, for conditions that are prevalent in the Coachella Valley.
Scott Perryman, senior VP/administrator of LLUCH, says, “We look forward to bringing hope through healing to kids and their families through these exciting new offerings.”
In the coming months, the clinic will rollout other services such as urgent care, telemedicine, dentistry and other specialized services.
To make an appointment or for more information about LLUCH – Indio, call 760-477-0733 or visit them on the web at lomalindakids.org/indio.