Criminal activity within the La Quinta Cove has increased, according to the La Quinta Police Special Enforcement Team.
In a proactive effort to reduce crime in the area, officers assigned to the La Quinta Police Department’s Special Enforcement Team, conducted extra patrol and enforcement within the La Quinta Cove between May 21 and May 31, 2019. During the enforcement program, officers issued 23 citations and arrest and booked 22 people at the Riverside County Jail in Indio for criminal activity.
- Gabriel Arevalos, 45 of Coachella, for Parole no bail warrant.
- John Asuncion, 50 of La Quinta, for drug paraphernalia, drug related warrant and driving on a suspended driver’s license.
- Jeffery Baily, 54 of La Quinta, for Theft and Drug arrest warrants.
Christian Caberra, 27 of Coachella, for violation of probation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Jesus Camacho, 24 of Indio, for driving without a license.
- Mario Espinoza, 28 of La Quinta, for possession of narcotics.
- Philip Frank, 30 of Indio, for traffic warrants.
- Jonathan Grover, 33 of La Quinta, for public intoxication.
- James Houtz, 51 of Indio, for DUI arrest warrant.
- Talia Huxell, 38 of La Quinta, for possession of narcotics.
- Dana Kortekaas, 43 of Indio, for drug paraphernalia.
- Dakota Larch, 25 of La Quinta, for public intoxication.
- Dean Linstrom, 55 of La Quinta, for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- Miguel Lopez, 39 of Indio, for drug paraphernalia and warrants.
- Benny Martinez, 25 of La Quinta, for DUI.
- Ruben Moya, 50 of Indio, for possession of controlled substance.
- Justin Munoz, 18 of La Quinta, for public intoxication.
- Nicolli Navarro, 31 of Salton City, for possession of a controlled substance.
- Rogelio Perez, 20 of La Quinta, for DUI and Reckless Driving arrest warrants.
- Mike Rodriguez, 23 of La Quinta, for DUI.
- Oscar Sanchez, 42 of Coachella, for drug related warrants.
- Tristen Villanueva, 18 of La Quinta, for public intoxication.
In addition, the La Quinta Police Department cited 81 drivers for seatbelt violations as part of a larger effort to educate the public on the dangers of driving without seatbelts. The effort was conducted between May 20 and June 2.
Anyone with information about possible criminal activity is encouraged to contact Officer A. McGuire at the La Quinta Police Department (760) 863-8051 or Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch (760) 836-8348.
Citizens may also submit a tip using the Sheriff’s CrimeTips online form. You may find it by clicking here.
- La Quinta Cove: Realtor.com