PALM SPRINGS – Back by popular demand, the Palm Springs Public Library will host the annual Family Fun Fest for the community during the public school district’s spring break.
Partnering with several other community organizations and businesses the Sixth Annual Family Fun Fest will take place on Wednesday, April 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Palm Springs Stadium. Each organization will have a booth with a fun craft or game and there will also be obstacle course, live animal encounters and a food truck.
MIX 100.5 will broadcast live during the festival. Though many of organizations have been part of Family Fun Fest since its inception, this year will feature new participants. Check out the entire list:
- Animal Samaritans
- The Center
- Certified Farmers’ Market
- The Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert
- CV Kids Magazine
- Dance With Miss Lindsay
- Desert Care Network/Desert Regional Medical Center/Healthy
- Desert Entertainer Magazine
- Desert Water Agency
- Eisenhower Health
- The First Tee of Coachella Valley
- Friends of the Palm Springs Library
- Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio
- Life Stream Blood Donation
- Marquee Academy of Performing Arts
- MOM Magazine
- Palm Springs Animal Shelter
- Palm Springs C.E.R.T. and Fire
- Palm Springs Parks & Recreation
- Palm Springs Police and Mounted Unit
- Palm Springs Power Baseball
- Palm Springs Sustainability Commission
Family Fun Fest is free event for the community to come and enjoy, bring the kids and have some fun. Everyone is welcome.
“The Library looks forward to coordinating this free event for the community during spring break every year,” Library Director Jeannie Kays said in a prepared statement. “It’s a great way for all of us to promote our programs and services plus the library gets to preview our upcoming summer reading program.”
The Library will be giving away a free books and program information in their booth and the Friends of the Library will be hosting a book ‘bag sale.’
In addition to the Family Fun Fest, the Palm Springs Public Library offers a varied and comprehensive collection to the community. The Library is located at 300 S. Sunrise Way, on the corner of Sunrise Way and Baristo Road. For more information about the Library call 760-322-READ (7323) or click here.
- Family Fun Fest Returns In Palm Springs For Year 6: Palm Springs Library