Thousands of carnations part of Memorial Day flower drop
PALM SPRINGS — The annual flower drop at the Palm Springs Air Museum has become a staple of the Memorial Day holiday on which we honor our fallen comrades who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.
In their honor, the service will be highlighted with a missing-man formation fly-by, and flower drop of more than 3,000 red and white carnations from a vintage warbird.
This is a very special day at the Palm Springs Air Museum, museum leaders say. This most impressive ceremony is our way of saluting our fallen comrades. Flight exhibitions & activities scheduled all day long, with Memorial Ceremony and Flower Drop scheduled for 1PM
This year, the Palm Springs Air Musuem will honor gold star families and the 50th anniversary of the release of the Vietnam War POWs. Activities include:
- Flight Exhibitions all day long
- Warbird Rides
- Kids’ Activities
- Heatwave Jazz Band
- Food Vendors
- Offsite parking and shuttle service will be available.
- Kids 12 and under get in FREE with paid adult ticket.
- Adults — $22
- Seniors, Veterans, Retired Military, Teenagers (13-17) — $20
- Family Pack (Two adults, 1-3 teenagers (13-17) — $55
- Active Duty & immediate family, which includes significant other and children — Free
- Kids 12 & Under*
*Free with paid adult admission
- Memorial Day flowe drop: Palm Springs air Museum