Gang Task Force collected various illegally possessed weapons, including five firearms
The Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force arrested 16 people, including one minor, as part of an operation designed to stem gang violence in the valley, authorities said Friday.
The operation began at 8 a.m. Thursday with assistance from Riverside County Gang Task Force Regions 2, 3, 4 and 6; the East P.A.C.T; the Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage and Indian Wells Special Enforcement Teams; the California Highway Patrol K9 Team; and the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Air Operations, according to Sgt. Paul Heredia of the sheriff’s department.
Heredia said that various illegally possessed weapons, including five firearms, were collected during the operation and 16 people were arrested on suspicion of weapons, controlled substances and warrant charges.
During the operation the following subjects were arrested:
- Andrew Evans, 22 of Thousand Palms: Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Felony DUI and Felony Evading, Violation of Probation.
- Anthony Napoles, 38 of Desert Hot Springs: Outstanding Arrest Warrants for Vehicle Theft, Resisting Arrest, Receiving Stolen Property.
- Adan Rodriguez, 51 of Desert Hot Springs: Possession of Methamphetamine, Violation of Probation.
- Eric Quinones, 26 of Desert Hot Springs: Felon in Possession of Firearm.
- Tiffany Goehner, 28 of Desert Hot Springs: Felon in Possession of Firearm.
- Vicente Sanchez, 35 of Sky Valley: Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Possession of Narcotics.
- Joseph Berry, 35 of Desert Hot Springs: Violation of Parole.
- Alberto Barerra, 40 of Thousand Palms: Possession of Methamphetamine.
- Mayra Sigala, 32 of Desert Hot Springs: Outstanding Arrest Warrants for Receiving Stolen Property, Possession of Prohibited Weapon, Possession of Controlled Substance While Armed.
- Jesus Ortiz, 45 of Mecca: Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Possession of Methamphetamine.
Hugo Rodriguez, 50 of Indio: Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Under the Influence of Controlled Substance.
- Bianca Gallegos, 23 of Desert Hot Springs: Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Possession of Controlled Substance.
- Jonathan Berry, 39 of Desert Hot Springs: Felon in Possession of Firearm.
- Daniel Aguirre, 39 of Cathedral City: Felon in Possession of Ammunition.
- Amado Cota, 20 of Cathedral City: Carry Concealed Firearm.
- 17-year-old juvenile of Cathedral City: Carry Concealed Firearm, Minor in Possession of Ammunition.
Multiple illegally possessed weapons were collected during the operation including five firearms. All adult subjects were booked at John Benoit Detention Center in Indio. The juvenile was booked at Juvenile Hall in Indio.
The Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force is committed to creating safe and secure neighborhoods free of violent crime and gang activity. If you have any information about this crime, please contact CVVCGTF member Deputy J. Chavez, Officer Coddington or Officer Vela at (760) 836-1600. If you have non-emergency information regarding gang activity, please use the online Gang Task Force Tip Form or call 951-922-7601.
- Firearms: RSO
- Gang Enforcement: iStock