Living Desert ‘Glow In the Park’ Experience brings Spring Lantern Festival Features and Themed Paths
PALM DESERT/INDIAN WELLS, CA – (March 23, 2022) – Installation is nearly complete for Glow in the Park, an all-new, larger-than-life illuminated experience running nightly March 27 through April 29 from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. Tickets are available for advanced purchase online at www.LivingDesert.org/Glow and by phone at (760) 346-5694. Capacity is limited, and advanced reservations are required.
Glow in the Park includes six themed paths, each with its own unique characteristics:
- In Bloom: Spring is upon us! From pollinators to plants, the world is reborn each Spring, bringing with it the delights of the natural world.
- Traditional Chinese Lanterns: With their long standing in Chinese tradition, lantern designs and themes have rich symbolism and deep historical resonance.
- Wildlife Wonders: The natural world continues to amaze us with its beauty, resilience, and connection to all living things.
- Deserts Alive: Life in the desert can be extreme, however all its inhabitants have stories of adaptation and resilience.
- Let’s Glow: Now it’s your turn to glow! Immerse yourself in memorable photo opportunities and be sure to tag @TheLivingDesert and use the hashtag #GlowInThePark.
- African Safari: Take the opportunity to wander the African Safari Trail and see many of the animals at night. Note: There are no lanterns or lights along this area.
“Glow in the Park is unlike anything we’ve ever had at The Living Desert, so it’s been really exciting to see it come to life right before our eyes,” said Allen Monroe, CEO/President of The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens. “Each section has its own unique theme and design and is a work of art in itself. We can’t wait for guests of all ages to experience what we hope will blossom into an annual Springtime tradition for years to come.”
Produced in partnership with Tianyu Arts and Culture, Inc., Glow in the Park is an extraordinary night-time event featuring intricate, immersive, and truly amazing animal and nature-scape lantern creations representing wild places from around the globe. Inspired by universal themes such as renewal, friendship, and good fortune, attendees will encounter traditional, hand-crafted Chinese lanterns, engaging art installations, and plenty of memorable photo opportunities.
The Living Desert is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the grounds and gardens opening at 8 a.m. Some attractions require additional fees. Advanced purchase is encouraged, available online at LivingDesert.org or by calling (760) 346-5694.
About The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens is a nonprofit, accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, ensuring the highest standards of all aspects of animal care, education, conservation, public service, and operations. The Zoo is active in conservation research, habitat protection, breeding programs and education initiatives around the world, as well as in its own community. The Zoo has been a top destination in the Palm Springs area for more than 50 years. The Living Desert is located at 47900 Portola Ave, Palm Desert, CA 92260. For more information: (760) 346-5694 or visit livingdesert.org.