INDIO — The city of Indio today announced a series of measures it is taking to ensure the safety and health of its residents, visitors and employees as a result of new guidelines public health officials at the regional and state level mandated regarding COVID-19.
In addition, the city also issued a Proclamation of Local Emergency, which the Indio City Council is set to ratify at the regularly scheduled meeting on March 18.
This local proclamation will support the city’s planning and response efforts, and is a signal to the community that the city is prepared to mobilize local resources, coordinate interagency response, and use mutual aid in the event the COVID-19 virus has been introduced to the immediate area.
A thorough list of modifications, announcements and other information about ongoing activities related to COVID-19 and how it may impact the City of Indio is available on a newly created page on the city’s website. You may access it by clicking here. This page will be updated constantly to reflect any status changes to itcy services, buildings or activities.
As such, the following steps are effective immediately:
- Temporary closure of the Indio Senior Center. Please call (760) 391-4170 for more information, or for questions regarding previously scheduled food distribution.
- The Indio Teen Center has closed until further notice. For more information, call (760) 541-4414.
- The counter at Indio Water Authority will close from 12:00 p.m. to 1 p.m. daily. Although lobby services will remain open for now, nearly all transactions, including bill pay, can be conducted online or by phone. Bill pay can also be conducted via drop box, through the web portal, or by phone. Call (760) 391-4038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- The counter at City Hall remains open for now, however, appointments are strongly encouraged for plan reviews and other permit processing. The lobby will be closed from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m. Go to www.indio.org for more details.
- The official ribbon cutting for the opening of the Indio Hills Trail, scheduled for March 20, 2020 has been postponed until the fall. A new date will be announced at a later time.
- Desert Theatreworks, which operates out of the Indio Performing Arts Center (IPAC), is postponing its 2019/2020 season effective immediately. Call the box office at (760) 980-1455 for more information.
- Cancellation of the scheduled March and April Movies in the Park, a program that is produced by the Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the City of Indio and Desert Recreation District.
- Indio: Shutterstock