LA QUINTA – Art is to La Quinta what sunshine is to the desert. You can’t have one without the other. To that end, this city has a new signature event: La Quinta Art Celebration, a fine-arts festival under the direction of Paul Anderson of Sausalito.
La Quinta Art Celebration replaces the long-standing La Quinta Arts Festival.
La Quinta Art Celebration officially opens its gates for its inaugural event on Thursday, March 5 at 10 a.m. and runs through Sunday, March 8 at 5 p.m. Set on the site of La Quinta Civic Center, the four-day affair showcases fine arts, live music performances and local cuisine.
More than 220 world-class, jury-selected artists hailing from 35 different states and abroad will exhibit their original artworks spanning 12 media categories: 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing & Pastel, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Painting, Photography, Sculpture and Wood.
Patrons will be able enjoy an array of upscale cuisine options at Celebration Bistro, where they can experience al fresco dining under the spacious covered patio or umbrellas. Participating restaurants are:
- Best Beverage Catering will present a fresh seafood menu including Fish & Chips, Salmon Salad and Clam Chowder Bread Bowls.
- Bristol Farms Café offerings include Santa Maria Tri-Tip and Chicken Avocado Sandwiches.
- Evzin Mediterranean Cuisine will serve authentic Mediterranean standards such as Herb Falafel, Beef Shawarma, and Saffron Citrus Chicken Plates and Bowls.
- Jackalope Ranch will offer an array of their signature burgers, tacos, and French baguette sandwiches, plus gourmet hot dogs and brats.
- Your Pie will serve up a variety of 10” PIZZAS hot from their mobile brick ovens.
The “WINE EXPERIENCE” at Celebration Bistro will encompass an extensive selection of preferred wines from prominent Napa, Sonoma, Santa Barbara, Washington, and France wineries.
Patrons will toast the new event with Moët & Chandon and Domaine Chandon at dual champagne bars — and top-shelf spirits will be poured at Ketel One Botanical Bar, featuring a collection of specialty cocktails, and Margarita Island Bar, presenting Don Julio 1942 & Blanco Tequila shots and margaritas.
The Oasis Lounge is the place to go for more champagne and beverages — including a Ketel One Bloody Mary — plus tempting sweets by locally founded Brandini Toffee. Their ultra-decadent chocolate hand-dipped ice cream creations are works of art in themselves.
A full entertainment line-up of live music performances is scheduled daily:
- Acoustical Guitarist Scott Carter, daily 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Amphitheater
- Latin Euro Guitarist Michael Anthony Gagliardi, daily 10 am to 5 pm at the SE quadrant
- Meltdown CLM , Classic Soft Rock/Smooth Blues, Friday, March 6, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
- The Art of Sax, Southern California’s Premiere Groove Band, Saturday, March 7, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
- Faults of Andreas, featuring Jimi FITZ, Sunday, March 8, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
Admission is $20 for a single day or $25 for a Multi-Day Pass. Children under 12 are free.
To avoid long lines at the gate, tickets may be purchased online.
La Quinta Civic Center is located at 78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253. Event hours are 10 am to 5 pm daily. Parking options include free parking throughout the Village of La Quinta, self-paid for $10 and valet at two locations for $15.
La Quinta Art Celebration is presented by SCOPE Events, LLC, with the full cooperation of the city of La Quinta.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Tools for Tomorrow (TFT), a local non-profit providing free, after-school arts literacy programs integrating creative writing, art, music, and drama for children grades three through five in elementary schools throughout the Coachella Valley.
Please click here to purchase tickets, view restaurant menus and all event information. Questions may be directed to Info@ScopeEvents.org or 760-628-7770.
- La Quinta Civic Center: SCOPE Events, LLC