Official Statement by City of La Quinta Regarding SilverRock Resort Project Notice of Default
LA QUINTA — The city of La Quinta on Tuesday decided to issue a notice of default to the SilverRock Development Company, LLC (Robert Green Developer), according to an official statement the city released
After lengthy discussions with legal counsel the Mayor and City Council unanimously voted to issue the notice of default, per the terms of the agreement. The project consists of the Montage and Pendry Resort and Lifestyle Residences at the SilverRock property and was scheduled to be completed in late 2020.
At the heart of this new community, lively gathering places will welcome owners, guests and local community members to spend time together, taking the time to appreciate their surroundings and one another, according to Silver Rock’s website.
Our desert is a colorful oasis of culture, breathtaking nature, and energy. SilverRock is elevating it to the next level with:
- Renovation of the Ahmanson Ranch House as a themed restaurant
- A 135-room luxury Montage hotel and spa
- A 200-room Pendry lifestyle hotel
- A 71,000 square-foot conference center
- Resort-style homes and condominiums managed by Montage and Pendry
- Retail and recreation space
- A new golf clubhouse
- A 35-acre City of La Quinta event venue
It is all in holding pattern. Therein lies the rub.
The city has acknowledged the default status of the project and would like to make the community aware of next steps:
• The City will be issuing a letter of default to the developer today, April 7, 2021
• City staff will continue working with the developer to outline steps to cure the default
• A study session will be held at the next City Council meeting on April 20 to provide details regarding schedule, progress and plan forward
The mayor, City Council, city manager and city staff will continue to support and assist the developer in moving forward on this project, as well as continue to keep the community updated on next steps and milestones as they become available.
Owned by the City of La Quinta and managed by Landmark Golf Management, SilverRock Resort’s Arnold Palmer Classic Course is a challenging 7,239 yards, sprawling over 200 acres with massive native bunkers and stunning water features. Set against the backdrop and natural beauty of the Santa Rosa Mountains, SilverRock is a former home course of the PGA Tour’s Bob Hope Classic from 2008-2011.
- SilverRock: SilverRock.org