California Legislature Approves Golden State Stimulus Checks and Small Business Aid as Part of COVID Relief Early Budget Package
SACRAMENTO – The California State Legislature on Monday approved several measures, including Golden State Stimulus payments, as part of the COVID-19 relief early budget package to bring immediate assistance to individuals, small businesses, nonprofits and others.
These legislative budget actions are part of the Governor and Legislature’s $9.6 billion pandemic emergency relief package and included funding for initiatives. Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia, D-Coachella, has championed many of them such as Golden State Stimulus payments, small business grants, farmworker Housing to Harvest program, and childcare assistance.
“The Legislature has come together with Governor Newsom on a COVID-19 relief early budget package that will send $600 stimulus checks and other critical assistance to our most vulnerable Californians, small businesses, and nonprofits. Our legislative actions approved funding for several initiatives we have been championing such as the Golden State Stimulus, small business and nonprofit grants, the farmworker Housing to Harvest program, and childcare assistance,” Garcia said in a prepared statement.
“We are grateful to secure these emergency aid funds and remain laser-focused on our regional pandemic priorities including ensuring equitable distribution of vaccine supplies and other resources needed to combat COVID-19 in hard-hit areas like ours.”
- Golden State Stimulus: $600 Stimulus Checks for Low-Income Residents
- $2.1 B in Small Business Grants including $50 M for Nonprofit Cultural Institutions
- $402 M Subsidized Childcare and Preschool Providers
- $123 M Community College Student Emergency Financial Assistance
- $35 M for Food Banks and Diaper Banks
- $24 M Housing to Harvest Program: Providing Shelter and Aid for Farmworkers Impacted by COVID-19
- Barbering and Cosmetology License Fee Relief
- Restaurants and Bars Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control License Fee Relief
Votes remain on additional bills to complete California’s total early budget relief package.
- Eduardo Garcia: Eduardo Garcia's office
- Stimulus check: Pixaby