PALM DESERT —HARC Inc., the Coachella Valley’s premier source for community health and wellness data, announces the nominations for the Fourth Annual Coachella Valley Workplace Wellness Awards are now open.
The awards are in recognition of exemplary workplaces that prioritize employee health and wellness and encourage others to do the same.
“Workplace wellness benefits include increased productivity, decreased absenteeism, improved morale, decreased health care costs and decreased legal costs,” Dr. Jenna LeComte-Hinely, Executive Director for HARC, said in a prepared statement.
Employers are less interested in return on investment (ROI) measurement and instead are focusing on employee health and well-being, according to a recent research study done by International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
Organizations eligible for and encouraged to participate in the awards competition and make nominations include businesses, nonprofits, schools and governmental organizations. HARC will award four small organizations (1-100 employees) and four large organizations (101+ employees) in the following categories based on nominations:
- Nutrition: e.g., walking clubs at work, healthy food options in vending machines, weight loss support groups, free health screenings, etc.
- Safety/Environment: e.g., ergonomic interventions, safety reward programs, tobacco bans, reducing exposure to toxins, etc.
- Wellness/Mental Health: e.g., flex-time policies, enhanced employee recognition, supportive supervisors, team-building, etc.
- Grand Prize Winner: exemplifies all three areas listed above.
This year’s Workplace Wellness Awards luncheon will be held on June 6, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Classic Club in Palm Desert. The event includes complimentary valet parking and lunch.
Organizations are welcome to submit nominations on their own behalf. There is no charge to apply. All accepted applicants receive two complimentary tickets to the event. Click here to complete the application package. HARC staff will then follow up with each applicant to confirm the application and get more details. Application deadline to submit nominations is April 26 at 5 p.m.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact Jerry Quintana at jquintana@HARCdata.org.
Last Year’s Winners
Large Organization Awards
- Grand Prize: JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
▪ Nutrition and Fitness: Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
▪ Safety and Ergonomics: Coachella Valley Water District
▪ Mental Health and Well-Being: Renova Energy
Small Organization Awards
- Grand Prize: Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)
- Nutrition and Fitness: MSA Consulting, Inc.
- Safety and Ergonomics: Emergency Management Department, County of Riverside
- Mental Health and Well-Being: El Sol Neighborhood Education Center
HARC is a nonprofit organization based in Palm Desert, CA. HARC provides research and evaluation services in the field of health, wellness, and quality of life, with a special focus on the Coachella Valley. To learn more about HARC, click here.