Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is looking for energetic volunteers to participate in the Palm Springs Pride Parade
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest will be marching in the Palm Springs Pride Parade on Sunday Nov. 7 at 9:30 a.m. Residents are encouraged to join the organization for a morning of fun — be a part of Pride and show your support!
We’re looking for energetic volunteers to participate in the parade. Please note the parade route is about 1.5 miles long.
We anticipate our gathering spot will be in front of the SkyLark Hotel (1466 N Palm Canyon Dr.) between E. Stevens Rd and E Camino Monte Vista. Please head towards Vista Chino along Palm Canyon and look for folks wearing Planned Parenthood Pride t-shirts or look for the spot #63 painted on the road along Palm Canyon.
Parade Theme: You Are Included
Parade Route: Starts at Tachevah and travels the Rainbow mile south through the Uptown Design District along Palm Canyon Drive to Amado Road
Parade Step Off: 10 a.m. at Tachevah and Palm Canyon Drive
Parade End: The parade ends around noon; the route travels directly to the opening gates of the Pride Festival. Plan ahead so you can enjoy FREE entry to the Pride Festival at the end of the Parade route. Find Pride Festival info by clicking here.
To sign up, please email Veronica Barajas with your T-shirt size at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-594-9092.
Please note, the following rules will be enforced during the parade:
- The Palm Springs City Ordinance (11.10.040) prohibiting public nudity on public or private property open to view from any public area will be strictly enforced.
- No tossing or throwing of items from parade entries into the crowd, in accordance with Palm Springs City Ordinance.
- No liquor: No one will possess and/or consume alcohol or drugs in the staging, parade, and dispersal areas.
Below, please find a summary of various stand locations:
- The Parade Stage, located at Granvia Valmonte and N. Palm Canyon Dr., is hosted by nationally syndicated radio show personality Alexander Rodriguez, Southern California Diva and comedienne extraordinaire, Miss Rusty Waters and Jack Dyer, Mr. Toolshed Leather 2020, and former Porn Bear Daddy.
- Broadcast Reviewing Stand is located near Eight4Nine Restaurant & Lounge at 849 N. Palm Canyon Dr. Host and Emcee Nicholas Snow.
- The Deaf Pride reviewing stand is North of Amado at N. Palm Canyon Dr. and features Sign Language Interpretation. Seating is available for the Deaf community on a first-come-first-served basis.
Participants are reminded to wear a mask to help keep the communities safe and healthy.
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest: Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest