EVRWP set Aug. 23 for Republican Presidential Debate watch party
PALM DESERT — It’s not yet clear who will make the cutoff list to participate in the Republican Presidential Debate, but East Valley Republican Women are ready. The group has set a Watch Party for Wednesday, Aug. 23, the night of the first debate in Milwaukee.
A candidate must register at least 1 percent in at least three national polls or 1 percent in two national polls and in a poll from two of the first four states to vote in the GOP caucuses and primaries — Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada.
They also must bring in at least 40,000 unique donors, including at least 200 unique donors from 20 or more states and territories. They also must sign a loyalty pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee, a point of contention among some candidates.
Trump told Fox News anchor Bret Baier in a recent interview that he has not made a final decision.
Other vying for a spot on the stage are:
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis
- Former Vice President Mike Pence
- Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations and former South Carolina governor
- Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina
- Vivek Ramaswamy, virtually unknown before joining the GOP race
- Chris Christie, former New Jersey governor
- Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson
- Conservative radio talk show host Larry Elder
- Doug Burgum, North Dakota governor
- Francis Suarez, a two-term mayor of Miami and the son of a former mayor
- Former Rep. Will Hurd of Texas
For more information about the watch party, call 760-771-9771.
- East Valley Republican Women Patriots: East Valley Republican Women Patriots
- East Valley Republican Women Headquarters: EVRWP