Riverside County Mobile Testing Team Providing Testing at East Valley Churches
EASTERN COACHELLA VALLEY – Riverside County, the Desert Healthcare Foundation and multiple community-based organizations are partnering with the Catholic churches in Coachella and Mecca to provide COVID testing and education to residents starting this weekend and throughout the month of December.
This month, coronavirus testing will be available at Our Lady of Soledad parish office in Coachella, 52-525 Oasis Palm Ave., and Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Mecca, 65‑100 Dale Kiler Rd. (The Coachella parish office was the Church’s main site before the new Coachella Church was opened in 2019 at Cesar Chavez Street and Avenue 53).
Testing is open to anyone. No appointment is necessary. Walk-ins are welcomed.
The community testing schedule is:
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., at Our Lady of Soledad parish office in Coachella, 52‑525 Oasis Palm Ave.
- Sunday, Dec. 6, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Mecca, 65-100 Dale Kiler Rd.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Our Lady of Soledad parish office in Coachella.
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m., Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Mecca.
- Saturday, Dec. 19, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Our Lady of Soledad parish office in Coachella.
All residents are encouraged to get tested, which helps public health officials identify cases and ultimately slow the spread of the virus by more effectively isolating those who are COVID‑positive so they can recover without passing the virus to others. Testing is for everyone, regardless of immigration status, insurance, or whether one has symptoms or not. There is no charge to the individual.
“The Coachella and Mecca churches are a staple in our community, and they regularly reach a large number of families and help keep them informed of the dangers of COVID-19,” Supervisor V. Manuel Perez said in a prepared statement. “I am proud that we are continuously bringing testing closer to our communities, and working with great community partners such as the churches and the Desert Healthcare District, in an effort to slow the spread of this virus.”
These mobile testing sites supplement the county-operated testing site at the Riverside County Fairgrounds in Indio, and state-operated testing sites in Desert Hot Springs and Indio. Riverside County residents are also getting tested at pharmacies, community health centers, nonprofit health clinics, hospitals, private testing sites and urgent cares.
For a map of county and state-operated sites and to schedule an appointment, click here.
- Supervisor V. Manuel Perez: Supervisor V. Manuel Perez
- Mobile testing team: Riverside County