For the first time since World War II, See’s has temporarily suspended operations of its fulfillment, shipping and call center departments due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In its 99-year history, See’s has had only one interruption in its ability to share its American-made delicious candy, and that was during WWII due to rationing. Given the current events with COVID-19, and the South San Francisco-based company’s concern for the health and safety of its employees, See’s on March 27, 2020 made the decision to initiate an interruption once again.
The interruption comes at one of the company’s busiest times of the year — Easter.
Locally, See’s has stores in Downtown Palm Springs, La Quinta and in Westfield Palm Desert.
For customers that currently have an order placed with the company through sees.com, its Customer Service Team or a Fundraising Representative, here is some key status information.
1. If you placed an order online using a credit card, See’s will issue a full refund to your original method of payment. You should see that come through within 7-14 business days.
2. If you placed an order using a See’s Gift Card, check or if it was placed at a shop location, the company will be following up directly with more information regarding your refund.
3. If you placed an order online that included Custom Mix, that portion of your order was not fulfilled. You will receive a refund for the Custom Mix request as well as shipping costs back to your original method of payment. You should see that come through within 7-14 business days.
4. For all other inquiries, please send ana email to SeesCandiesCustomerCare@sees.com.
- See’s Candy: Shutterstock