Palm Springs Aerial Tramway presents ‘Sounds of the Holidays’
PALM SPRINGS — Holiday choir season kicks off December 2 at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Mountain Station, continuing a decades-long tradition. Select Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays through Dec. 11, guests can listen to holiday favorites performed by a different high school choir.
For the 2022 holiday season, the Tramway is proud to present the following line-up:
- Friday, December 2 – Martin Luther King High School Chamber Singers & Show Choir
- Sunday, December 4 – Palm Springs High School Madrigals & String Quartet
- Thursday, December 8 – Coachella Valley High School Concert Choir
- Friday, December 9 – The Lion’s Pride Chamber Singers (Cathedral City High School)
- Sunday, December 11 – Encore High School for the Arts Madrigals
Show times are at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. and are complimentary with regular Tram admission. Performances are on the Pines Café Stage with food and beverage available for purchase from either Pines Café or the Lookout Lounge. (Note: The Dec. 4 performance is outside on the Desert View Terrace at 5:30 p.m. as part of the tree lighting ceremony. There will also be a 7:30 p.m. performance inside).
For newcomers to the area, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is the world’s largest rotating tram car. Opened in 1963, the Tram’s 80-passenger cars travel along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon from the Valley Station (elevation 2,643 ft.) to the Mountain Station (elevation 8,516 ft.) in approximately 10 minutes. For more information, please call 888-515-TRAM or 760-325-1391, or visit www.pstramway.com.
- Tramway Holiday Choirs: Aerial Tramway