With some help, we have for you here a list of the Top 10 Most Annoying Christmas Songs
Do you recall when you heard the first Christmas song of the season? Late October? Earlier? Suffice it to say businesses have been pumping sounds of season into the shopping environment for at least two months. Those annoying Christmas songs are enough to make Santa Claus run fleeing, Some, of course, are more annoying than others.
We get it. Christmas music is part of holiday business for retailers. After all, the songs include dozens of classics that most people have heard every winter for their entire lives. Sentimental, sure, but also a tactic to get people to spend more money in stores.
Our friends at FinanceBuzz used Google Trends to find the most popular Christmas song in every state. It also surveyed more than 1,200 U.S. adults on the most annoying Christmas songs.
The most popular song in California is, drum roll, please “Feliz Navidad.” The band played it while marching in the city of Coachella’s annual holiday parade earlier this month. We could have listened to that all night.
Not every holiday song is beloved by everyone. To find out which songs people are sick of hearing, FinanceBuzz asked 1,250 U.S. adults to tell them which Christmas song they find the most annoying.
The results may surprise you, but here goes:
- “All I Want for Christmas is You,” by Mariah Carey
- “The Chipmunk Song” (Christmas Don’t be Late) by David Seville
- “Feliz Navid” by Jose Feliciano
- “A Holly Jolly Christmas” by Burl Ives
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside”
- “Deck the Halls”
- “Happy Xmas” (War is Over) by John Lennon
- “White Christmas”
- “Wonderful Christmastime” by Paul McCartney
- “Do You Hear What I Hear?”
So, what’s your most annoying Christmas song?
Here’s a bit more about what the data reveals:
- “Santa Baby” was the most popular song in eight states (the most of any song).
- Woman plugging her ears: Shuttterstock