College of the Desert is offering a multi-faceted training program for one of the fastest-growing economic activities in the Coachella Valley – the cannabis industry.
A certificate could be the difference between getting a job or not in the industry.
Training will be provided for three certificate programs. Each program consists of three sessions and each is three hours long. The registration fee is $105. Participants must complete all three-hour sessions to receive a certificate. Training sessions will be held at College of the Desert in Desert Hot Springs, 11625 West Drive.
College of the is providing the sessions in partnership with Highroad Consulting Group.
- Training Session 1 – Cannabis Human Resources Regulations: Explore HR regulations and tools required to be successful in understanding the legal implications affecting people at work, Wednesday, Jan. 23 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Session 2 – Hiring Best Practices: Learn best practices for talent management including recruiting, employment law, interviewing, new hire orientation & retaining top talent, Wednesday, Jan. 30 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Training Session 3 – Leadership & Management: Explore the fundamentals of being an effective Leader. Participants will review the differences between Leadership and Management. They will have the opportunity to increase their self-awareness on why they want to lead, identify their competencies and create an action plan. The session will be held Feb. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon.
A State Compliance and Regulations Certificate Training Program will is also included in the offerings.
- Training Session 1 – Cannabis Compliance Overview Discover what you need to know to get started building your compliance system, major pitfalls & challenges, staying out of trouble & managing risk. It will be held Tuesday, Feb. 12 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Session 2 – Financial Issues & Best Practices: Learn about the various financial regulations that impact the cannabis industry, as well as best practices of managing your company’s financial operations and accountability in a business environment that lacks traditional banking solutions. It will be held Tuesday, February 19 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Training Session 3 – Cannabis Operations & Management: Discover what you need to know to avoid shutdown or fines for your Cannabis business. The session will cover effective business operations, marketing, branding and packaging requirements. It is scheduled for Feb. 26 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
To register for the workshops, click here.