|Six men and women are vying for two part-time positions that pay $2,433 per month.
The coveted positions are two seats on the five-member Palm Springs City Council. The two seats have long belonged to Councilman Chris Mills and Councilwoman Ginny Foat. Mills has been a fixture on the City Council since 2001; Foat joined the City Council in 2003.
|Longing to take their positions are a half dozen political newcomers.
They are, according to the Riverside County Registrar of Voters:
- Judy Deertrack, a land use consultant
- Henry Hampton, director of corporate development
- Christy Gilbert Holstege, attorney and Palm Springs Commissioner
- Robert Julian Stone, author/journalist
- Glenn Flood, retired U.S. Navy Commander
- Lisa Middleton, Palm Springs Planning Commissioner
The filling period closed in August and each has been campaigning and raising money since.
The race, the only City Council race in the Coachella Valley, this year will be held Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Watch for more on the individual candidates right here.