Cathedral City only Valley city to rank among 2022’s 50 safest cities
CATHEDRAL CITY — The Coachella Valley’s second largest city, with a population of 55,417 people, is the only one to make 2022’s top 50 safest cities list, according to SafeWise.
California residents worry more about their safety than the average American—and with the state seeing higher than average crime rates, you can see why. But in what California cities can residents feel safe?
After analyzing the latest violent and property crime data from the FBI, SafeWise just released its 8th annual “50 Safest Cities in California for 2022” report.
Here are the cities that made the top 5 in California:
- Rancho Santa Margarita
- Aliso Viejo
- Yorba Linda
Key stats about California:
- The top 3 safest cities in California (Danville, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Moorpark) all hold their title and spot for the third year in a row.
- San Gabriel (#39) saw the most dramatic improvement year over year, climbing 32 spots to make it into the top 50.
- 48% of the cities in California reported zero incidents of murder.
- Bucking a nationwide trend, 9 of the cities have more than 100,000 people, and 3 have populations over 200,000. The average population among California’s safest cities? 77,162.
- Despite falling violent crime rates in the states, 68% of Washington residents believe that crime is on the rise, up from 64% the previous year.
- Cathedral City: Shutterstock