Wasn’t Aug. 23 just yesterday? How can it really be December already? Here are some dates to mark on your calendar to close out 2018 and get ready for 2019.
Call the individual schools for more details.
- Amistad High School Talent Show
- 12th Annual WorldQuest Competition, Indian Wells Theater, CSUSB-Palm Desert, 5:30 p.m.
- Palm Desert Charter Middle School Winter Band Concert, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Blood Drive, Indio Middle School, 1:45 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Palm Desert Charter Middle School Choir Concert, St. Margaret’s Church, Hwy 74, Palm Desert, 7 p.m.
- John Glenn Middle School presents Elf. Thursday at 6 p.m.; Friday at 7 p.m.
- Saturday at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Indio High School Choir to perform at Coachella Valley History Museum, 6 p.m.
- Herbert Hoover Elementary School Winter Show
- CAMFest, arts fundraiser, Desert Sands Educational Foundation, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Front & Center at the Desert Sands Unified School District Board Meeting as John Kennedy Elementary School K-1 students present a special holiday celebration at 6:30 p.m. followed by the regular school board meeting at 7 p.m.
December 21–January 1: l Winter Break, schools closed
- Bailey & Coffee, 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., IW Coffee, Country Club and Cook streets, Palm Desert (next to Ralph’s). Stop by and share a cup of cheer with DSUSD Superintendent Scott Bailey.
December 24, 25 and January 1:
- Winter Holiday, DSUSD offices closed
- United Way Healthy Walks kick off at Indio High School beginning at 8 a.m.
- Bailey & Coffee, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, corner of Adams and Highway 111, La Quinta, 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Stop by on your way to work.
- DSUSD Spelling Bee, La Quinta High School Theatre, 5:30 p.m.
- Desert Sands Unified School District Science Fair, Riverside County Fairgrounds, 5:30 p.m.
Join us at these opportunities to celebrate our 29,000 students and 2,700 employees. Please drive extra carefully during the holiday break as our children will be taking advantage of their time away from school to enjoy our beautiful weather.
Dates for spring performances and graduations will be included in an article later this year.