Desert Sands Unified School District Offers New Covid Testing and Vaccination Clinics
Clinics providing testing and vaccinations amid the COVID pandemic have been held at sites throughout Desert Sands Unified School District beginning as early as March 2021. Both testing clinics and vaccination clinics continue in partnership with public health and other community health partners.
There are currently five DSUSD testing sites operated by LivingFit Nation:
- Monday, 3:30-5:30 pm, La Quinta High School, 79-255 Blackhawk Way, La Quinta (main gym – west doors by bike rack)
- Tuesday, 3:30-5:30 pm, Shadow Hills High School, 39-255 Jefferson Street, Indio (Lecture Hall)
- Wednesday, 3:30-5:30 pm, Indio High School, 81-750 Avenue 46, Indio (second gate to the left of the administration building)
- Thursday, 3:30-5:30 pm, Palm Desert High School, 74-910 Aztec Road, Palm Desert (Technology Room)
- Friday, 3:30-5:30 pm, District Education Center, 47-950 Dune Palms Road, La Quinta (DEC North – lobby)
Testing has also taken place at the District Education Center several Sundays in January. Additional dates are planned and readers are encouraged to visit the DSUSD website at www.dsusd.us for information.
Results have typically been received within 24-48 hours but an increase in numbers of people being tested has lengthened the wait time for results.
Testing is available by appointment and walk-ins are accepted. To schedule an appointment, visit the DSUSD home page under “Super Seconds” to be directed to the appropriate link.
In addition, testing is offered daily from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the former Amistad High School building courtesy of the public health department. This location is at 44801 Golf Center Parkway in Indio.
Desert Sands was recently a participant in a pilot program for at-home rapid antigen tests. These tests were distributed to a few school sites in an effort to provide information to the California Department of Public Health on the use of the kits. In addition, the state is providing a rapid antigen test for each student. The tests arrived at the district late in the afternoon and staff members throughout the district office assembled the next morning to deliver to all school sites.
Additional rapid antigen tests are kept at the school sites in the isolation rooms to use with parental permission for:
- Students exhibiting symptoms while at school
- High school athletes
- Rapid antigen tests per current guidance for isolation and quarantine purposes.
District health personnel strongly urge the community to get fully vaccinated, monitor symptoms daily, stay home if symptomatic, and get tested to help limit the spread of COVID.
In addition, Desert Sands Unified School District offers vaccination clinics. These clinics have been held at a variety of sites throughout the district but are now all scheduled to take place at the District Education Center, 47-950 Dune Palms Road, La Quinta. Registration is suggested but walk-ins are welcome. For the list of dates, readers are advised to check the district website. Look for “Super Seconds” on the homepage that will direct you to the appropriate links.
As the pandemic continues, readers are advised to check the district website for the latest information on testing, vaccinations, and changes to school planning. Local media work closely with DSUSD to provide the most up-to-date information and community members should continue to check press alerts.
Questions regarding district testing, vaccination, and policies can be directed to email@example.com.
- DSUSD-team-assembles-to-deliver-student-test-kits_03: DSUSD
- Amistad-High-School-11th-grader-Tanya-takes-home-her-rapid-antigen-test._02: DSUSD
- COIVD-Clinics-DSUSD-800×568-1: DSUSD