Desert Stonewall Democrats Endorse 10 Candidates in Coachella Valley
PALM SPRINGS — Desert Stonewall Democrats on Tuesday announced the endorsement of ten Democratic candidates in Coachella Valley races for the November 2022 Elections.
Each of these registered candidates represents progressive Democratic values and spoke at the most recent Desert Stonewall Democrats’ general membership meeting on Aug. 25 held on Zoom and in-person at Mizell Senior Center.
A vote was taken among members present and the following candidates were endorsed:
- Denise Delgado, Coachella Mayor
- Dr. Frank Figueroa, Coachella City Council
- Carlos Garcia, Palm Desert City Council
- Grace Garner, Palm Springs City Council, District 1
- Jeffrey Bernstein, Palm Springs City Council, District 2
- Ron deHarte, Palm Springs City Council, District 3
- Dr. Joel Kinnamon, Desert Community College, District 4
- Lanny Swerdlow, San Gorgonio Healthcare District
- Raymond Gregory, Cathedral City City Council, District 5
- Gary Gardner, Desert Hot Springs City Council.
The next Desert Stonewall Democrats meeting will be held at the Mizell Senior Center on Sept.20, when the group will consider additional endorsements for the November General Election.
The Desert Stonewall Democrats (DSD) organization is devoted to advancing equal rights for all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. DSD supports the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates who support our mission. DSD draws its strength from a nationwide network of individuals and clubs composed of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Democrats who are working to realize the following goals:
To educate the LGBT community and people who are supportive of it about the vast differences that exist between the two major parties on the issues of concern to our community:
- To lead our party to improve its record on issues of importance to our community, and to work for the nomination of Democratic candidates from the local to national level, including qualified openly LGBT candidates who will be fully supportive of our fight for equality;
- To encourage our community to support and vote for Democratic candidates who are committed to defeating homophobia and prejudice; and
- To work with local LGBT Democratic clubs and individuals to encourage and foster activism to achieve these goals.
- Hello, I’m Endorsed: Shutterstock