Gang Task Force Arrests Gang Members with Firearms During Search Warrant Services
INDIO — Five gang members with firearms were arrested May 18 after the Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force Officers executed search warrants at residences located in the 84000 block of Lingayan Avenue in the unincorporated community of Indio, the 80000 block of Avenue 46 in the city of Indio and the 80000 block of Columbia Avenue in the city of Indio.
During the service of the search warrants Gang Task Force Officers located four illegally possessed firearms including a loaded non-serialized 9mm semi-auto handgun with extended magazine, a loaded .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun with extended magazine, a .44-caliber revolver style pistol, and a loaded 9mm semi-automatic rifle. The following subjects were arrested during the operation:
- Gustavo Miranda Madera, 23 of Indio for possession of unregistered firearm and possession of non-serialized firearm
- Julian Perez Morgan, 22 of Indio for felon in possession of ammunition
- Diego Perez Morgan, 18 of Indio for possession of unregistered loaded firearm, gang member with a firearm and gang member with ammunition
- Damion Albert Perez, 25 of Indio for gang member with a firearm and gang member with ammunition
- Albert Perez, 53 of Indio for possession of unregistered Firearm
All of the above listed subjects were subsequently booked at the John Benoit Detention Center in Indio.
On Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 6 a.m. the Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force with the assistance of Riverside County Sheriff’s Office Special Enforcement Bureau, United States Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC), Riverside County Gang Task Force Region 3, Region 4 and Region 7, Riverside County Sheriff’s Thermal Station Special Investigations Unit, La Quinta Special Enforcement Team, California Highway Patrol K9 Team and Riverside County PACT, served the search warrants.
The Coachella Valley Violent Crime Gang Task Force is committed to creating safe and secure neighborhoods free of violent crime and gang activity. If you have any information about this crime, please contact CVVCGTF member Deputy J. Chavez or Officer Coddington at (760) 836-1600. If you have non-emergency information regarding gang activity, please use the online Gang Task Force Tip Form or call 951-922-7601.
- Firearms: RSO
- Gang Enforcement: iStock