Nearly $7 billion will be spent on St. Patrick’s Day
If you’re looking for the best places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year, turns out California is where you ought to be.
Four California cities are among the top 20 for places to celebrate.
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and at least $6.85 billion expected to be spent for the holiday this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations, as well as expert commentary. It also released stats about the holiday.
To determine the best cities for celebrating Irish-American heritage, WalletHub compared 200 of the largest U.S. cities across 15 key metrics, ranging from Irish pubs and restaurants per capita to the lowest price for a three-star hotel on the holiday to the weather forecast.
Top 20 Cities for holiday celebrations
1. Boston, MA
2. Philadelphia, PA
3. Chicago, IL
4. Pittsburgh, PA
5. New York, NY
6. Reno, NV
7. Santa Rosa, CA
8. Naperville, IL
9. Buffalo, NY
10. Boise, ID
11. Henderson, NV
12. Worcester, MA
13. Fresno, CA
14. San Francisco, CA
15. Tampa, FL
16. Syracuse, NY
17. Cedar Rapids, IA
18. Orange, CA
19. Dayton, OH
20. Milwaukee, WI
- 174%: Increase in beer sales on St. Patrick’s Day compared to the rest of the year (153% more spirits are sold compared with the average day).
- $1.84 Million: Market value of a leprechaun’s pot of gold.
- $6.85 Billion: Amount that will be spent collectively on St. Patrick’s Day 2023 ($44 per person celebrating).
- 31.5 Million: Number of Americans who claim Irish ancestry, second only to German and 6.4 times Ireland’s population.
- 37: Number of people killed in drunk-driving crashes over the holiday in 2020, with one life claimed every 58 minutes.
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/blog/st-patricks-day-facts/10960/
- St. Patrick’s Day: Pixabay