U.S. Armed Forces Receive Free Tram Admission throughout July
PALM SPRINGS — During the entire month of July, all U.S. military personnel with valid military identification—active, former and retired—receive complimentary admission to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway along with a special gift as part of Military Days.
Spouses of deployed military members, as well as military widows and widowers, also qualify for the promotion. In addition, up to four of their guests receive 25% off the regular Tramway fare.
“After a several-year pause due to the pandemic, we are very happy to resume ‘Military Days’ and welcome back the dedicated men and women of the United States Armed Forces—along with their friends and families, ” Tramway General Manager Nancy Nichols said in a prepared statement. “For more than a decade, Military Days has been a way of extending our thanks for their service and sacrifice.”
While visiting, Tramway guests can enjoy:
- Hiking the 50+ miles of pristine wilderness in the Mount San Jacinto State Park.
- Picnicking in a pine forest.
- Joining complimentary guided nature walks on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day Weekend.
- Dining in either Peaks Restaurant, a fine dining experience, or Pines Café, a cafeteria-style restaurant.
About Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is the world’s largest rotating tram car. Opened in 1963, the Tram’s 80-passenger cars travel along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon from the Valley Station (elevation 2,643 ft.) to the Mountain Station (elevation 8,516 ft.) in approximately 10 minutes. For more information, please call 888-515-TRAM or 760-325-1391, or click here.
- Tramcar: Palm Springs Aerial Tramway