Plan to Support Men and Women in Blue on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
Across the country on January 9th each year, citizens take the lead to show support on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
Law Enforcement Officers of every rank and file have chosen a profession that puts their life on the line every day for their communities. They’ve answered a call to public service that is demanding and often unappreciated.
Today, we salute law enforcement officers across the Coachella Valley and throughout Riverside County,
From local, state and federal, their duties command dedication. The jobs are often thankless and take them away from their families for long hours. Rarely do they know what their days have in store for them. Often law enforcement are the only paid emergency resource a community has. More often they work in coordination with other local, state, and federal organizations to make communities safer.
On National Law Enforcement Day, we have an opportunity to thank them for their service and offer a token of respect.
HOW TO OBSERVE #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay:
There are several ways to show your support.
- Send a note of thanks to your local, county or state police agency.
- Wear blue, turn your social media channels blue or shine a blue porch light to show your support.
- Find more ideas at Concerns of Police Survivors and share your support using #NationalLawEnforcementAppreciationDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY HISTORY
Several organizations came together to create National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day in 2015 to thank officers across the country for all the daily sacrifices they make for their communities. Some of the organizations supporting the observance include:
- Concerns of Police Survivors
- FBI National Academy Associates
- Fraternal Order of Police
- International Association of Chief of Police
- Officer Down Memorial Page
- Law Enforcement United
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- International Conference of Police Chaplains
- National Troopers Coalition
Since then the inaugural celebration, nationwide many more organizations have joined forces to support National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.) to spread encouragement and respect to these dedicated men and women.
- National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day: Facebook