Approximately $500,000 is available for the Grant Program
RANCHO MIRAGE — Applications and program materials are now available for the City of Rancho Mirage’s Small Business Grant Program. This program was established to provide financial relief to Rancho Mirage businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The city remains committed to supporting small businesses that have been impacted most by the pandemic.
The Rancho Mirage City Council approved allocating funds for business recovery and resiliency efforts, including small business grants. Approximately $500,000 is available for the Grant Program, which will provide working capital of up to $10,000 per business on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application period opens today, Friday, Jan. 15, 2021, and closes on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Email your completed application and required documentation prior to the Jan. 31, 2021 deadline. to COVID19businessgrants@ranchomirageca.gov
The following is a summary of eligibility and eligible expenditures:
To be eligible to apply for the Grant Program, a business must demonstrate the need for financial support due to the temporary loss of revenue resulting from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Stay at Home order.
Eligible applicants must have:
- A physical location and be operating in Rancho Mirage for at least 1 year;
- A valid City Business License;
- A valid Certificate of Occupancy;
- No active code violations;
- Been adhering to State and Regional Orders;
- Provide proof of valid identification; and
- Proof of Ownership, W-9 & required supporting documentation (DBA, Articles of Incorporation/Organization)
An applicant will need to prove that their business has been affected by COVID-19 in one of the following ways:
- The business was deemed non-essential and was forced to shut down by the state or local government; or
- Business sales are down by 25 percent or more in the last quarter (October, November, December 2020) when, compared to the previous year during the same three months (October, November, December 2019) or a comparable 3-month period in 2019.
Applicants are eligible to receive a grant of up to $10,000 according to the following:
- Businesses with 5 or less full-time equivalent employees are eligible for a grant up to $5,000.
- Businesses with 6-10 full time equivalent employees are eligible for a grant up to $7,500.
- Businesses with 11-30 full time equivalent employees are eligible for a grant up to $10,000.
In an effort to provide assistance to businesses located in the City’s commercial areas, that provide services onsite, and that have been severely impacted by COVID-19, precedence will be given to:
- Restaurants (locally owned)
- Personal service establishments, specifically, hair salons and barber shops, nail salons, day spas, and small gyms / health clubs
The grant may be used for working capital to cover the business’s day-to-day business operating expenses such as rent or lease payments, mortgage payments, utility bills, payroll, inventory, technology, marketing/communication, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of operations. Grant monies may also be used toward the cost of obtaining personal protective equipment for staff and customers as well as devices intended to enhance safety of staff and customers, such as hands-free payment devices, sanitation supplies and plexiglass partitions.
Applicants are encouraged to complete an application, which can be found on the City’s Covid-19 website at COVID19.ranchomirageca.gov and send it to COVID19businessgrants@ranchomirageca.gov prior to the January 31, 2021 deadline.
For grant application support, please call the Business Hotline at (877) 652-4844 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. t0 5 p.m. or email COVID19businessgrants@ranchomirageca.gov
- Rancho Mirage: Shutterstock