Snow Guessing contest at Tramway draws to a close
PALM SPRINGS — The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway’s Annual Snow Guessing Contest officially ended today, Dec. 14 with one inch of measurable snow at the Tramway’s Mountain Station as of 11:30 a.m.
The first ten contestants who submitted the correct date are:
- Ben Broyles, CA
- Janet Shutak of Palm Springs, CA
- Phillip Merriam of Highland, CA
- Bruce Palmer of Palm Desert, CA
- David Butts of Anchorage, AK
- Matthew Sarmiento/Edward Ramos of Palm Springs, CA
- Scott Nevison of Palm Springs, CA
- Curtis Conant of Palm Desert, CA
- Stewart Arledge of Santee, CA
- Geri Pederson of Arleta, CA (tie)
- Aurora Pedroza of Thousand Palms, CA (tie)
The winners will receive four regular Tramway admissions plus a Tramway-embroidered baseball cap. The contest began October 1 and 717 entries were received.
The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is the world’s largest rotating tram car. Opened in 1963, the Tram’s 80-passenger cars travel along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon from the Valley Station (elevation 2,643 ft.) to the Mountain Station (elevation 8,516 ft.) in approximately 10 minutes. For more information, please call 888-515-TRAM or 760-325-1391, or click here.
- Christmas Tree at Aerial Tramway: Palm Springs Aerial Tramway