INDIO – After witnessing two of her fellow incumbent colleagues ousted in the November 2018 district-based City Council election, Lupe Ramos Amith is shoring up early a base of supporters who have confidence in her leadership.
Ramos Amith, who is seeking the District 5 seat, officially kicked off her campaign on Feb. 28 for the November 2020 City Council election.
Since then, she has secured a significant number of endorsements from prominent business leaders both in Indio and across the Coachella Valley. Ramos Amith said the importance of endorsements can be summed up in one word: confidence.
“To have the early financial support of key community and business leaders in the region translates into confidence that my role, as part of the Indio City Council leadership team, has benefited the advancement of Indio’s future,” Ramos Amith told Uken Report. I think early financial support/endorsements are important because it will allow me the resources needed to share my record of success with constituents and to help them understand the new district-based election process, for which I am the District 5 incumbent.”
Ramos, first elected to the City Council in 2004, said is important that she start this process early on so that the voters are informed and are able to evaluate her candidacy to confirm the confidence they have in my continued participation in their city leadership.
“Although the financial resources will help deliver my message, the campaign process is designed to empower individual voters who ultimately will make the decision on my re-election to the Indio City Council in 2020,” Ramos Amith said. “It has been an honor to serve the residents of Indio since my election in 2004 and I ask for their support for a fifth term so that I may continue to enhance their quality of life by creating opportunities, jobs, a healthy economy and a place where we can all live, work, and play.
Some of the leaders who have already awarded Ramos Amith their vote of confidence are:
- Alex Haagan III, Haagan Companies and Empire Polo
- Cole and Tracey Burr, Burrtec Industries
- Harold Matzner – founder of the Palm Springs International Film Festival and philanthropist
- Vincent Bataglia, Renova Solar
- The Theil Family, I-10 Fiesta Ford Motors
- Nachhattar and Susana Chandi, Chandi Group USA
- Cal Fire Riverside Division
- The Building Industry
- Family Development Group Inc.
- GID Espana LLC
- Hadley Inc.
- Dwayne Young, Shields Date Garden
- Jim Harrison, Hacienda Nurseries
- Holt Architects
- I-10 Auto Mall Dealers Association
- Charles Ellis, Jefferson Street Ventures
- Tim Rogers, the Thermal Club
- Mr. & Mrs. Dimare, Dimare Produce Company
- Harvey Naskala, the Glorious Land Company
This list, Ramos Amith said, is an early list of those who have publicly placed their confidence in her.
- Thumbs Up: Shutterstock