Riverside gas prices have fallen 0.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.63/g today, according to GasBuddy’s daily survey of 481 stations. Gas prices in Riverside are 16.6 cents per gallon lower than a month ago, yet stand 5.8 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Riverside is priced at $3.19/g today while the most expensive is $4.19/g, a difference of 100.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $2.95/g while the highest is $5.09/g, a difference of $2.14/g. The cheapest price in the entire country today stands at $2.06/g while the most expensive is $5.09/g, a difference of $3.03/g.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 2.3 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.75/g today. The national average is down 0.3 cents per gallon from a month ago, yet stands 10.9 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
Historical gasoline prices in Riverside and the national average going back a decade:
- July 8, 2018: $3.57/g (U.S. Average: $2.85/g)
- July 8, 2017: $2.85/g (U.S. Average: $2.26/g)
- July 8, 2016: $2.89/g (U.S. Average: $2.24/g)
- July 8, 2015: $3.47/g (U.S. Average: $2.76/g)
- July 8, 2014: $4.14/g (U.S. Average: $3.65/g)
- July 8, 2013: $3.99/g (U.S. Average: $3.47/g)
- July 8, 2012: $3.65/g (U.S. Average: $3.38/g)
- July 8, 2011: $3.73/g (U.S. Average: $3.59/g)
- July 8, 2010: $3.09/g (U.S. Average: $2.69/g)
- July 8, 2009: $2.91/g (U.S. Average: $2.57/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- San Bernardino — $3.63/g, down 0.5 cents per gallon from last week’s $3.64/g.
- Orange County — $3.72/g, down 1.9 cents per gallon from last week’s $3.74/g.
- Los Angeles — $3.76/g, down 0.5 cents per gallon from last week’s $3.77/g.
“For the second straight week, the national average price of gasoline has moved higher, following energy market moves from the last few weeks as Iran remains a concern pushing oil higher as well as OPEC extending producing cuts and recent drawdowns in U.S. oil inventories,” Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, said in a prepared statement. “Nearly all motorists have seen the rise with an exception in some areas of the West Coast. Look for another week of gradual increases in gasoline prices, but without a another round of clearly defined upside in oil prices, we may see this current upward trend begin to slowly fade away in the next few weeks.”
For LIVE fuel price averages, click here.
- gas prices: Pixaby