PALM SPRINGS — Some of the most beautiful music in the world are holiday songs that have become tradition throughout the years. Those carols come to life when holiday choirs perform them at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
The holiday choirs will perform “Sounds of the Holidays. The decades-long tradition of .kicks off on Nov. 29.
Holiday choirs will perform every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through December 13, a different high school choir performs holiday favorites at the Tramway’s Mountain Station.
For the 2019 holiday season, the Tramway presents the following line-up of holiday choirs scheduled to perform:
- Friday, November 29 – Rancho Mirage High School Choir
- Saturday December 30 – Indio High School Choir
- Sunday, December 1 – Palm Springs High School Madrigals & String Quartet
- Friday, December 6 – The Lions’ Pride Chamber Singers (Cathedral City High School)
- Saturday, December 7 – Martin Luther King High School Chamber Singers & Show Choir
- Sunday, December 8 – Encore High School for the Arts Madrigals
- Friday, December 13 – Jurupa Valley High School
Show times for the holiday choirs are 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and are complimentary with regular Tram admission. Performances are on the Pines Café Stage with food and beverage service available from either the Pines Café or the Lookout Lounge. (Note: The 5:00 p.m. performance on December 1st is outside on the Desert View Terrace as part of the tree lighting ceremony.) Open seating (no reservations taken).
About Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is the world’s largest rotating tram car. Opened in 1963, the Tram’s 80-passenger cars travel along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon from the Valley Station (elevation 2,643 ft.) to the Mountain Station (elevation 8,516 ft.) in approximately 10 minutes. For more information, please call 888.515.TRAM or 760.325.1391, or visit us at www.pstramway.com. Also, download the free mobile tour now available in the App Store/Google Play.
- Tramway Holiday Choirs: Palm Springs Aerial Tramway