Voters encouraged to vote in September 14 Gubernatorial Recall Election
Today, Tuesday, Sept. 14 is Election Day for Riverside County residents registered to vote in the gubernatorial recall election. Voters will be able to cast ballots at 145 polling places.
To find your assigned polling place, please go to the Registrar of Voters’ website at www.voteinfo.net or call (951) 486-7200. Polls are open from 7 a.m. through 8 p.m. on Election Day.
You may also cast a ballot in the Registrar of Voters office on Election Day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. The Registrar of Voters office is located at 2720 Gateway Drive in Riverside.
All ballots, including vote-by-mail ballots, must be received at the Registrar of Voters Office or any polling place within Riverside County no later than the close of polls on Election Day or be postmarked on or before Election Day and received no later than seven days after Election Day to be counted.
Out of 1,293,611 issued ballots, approximately 449,024 ballots have been cast. Ballots turned in before Monday will be the first results released after the polls close Election Night.
Tentative schedule for ballot results on Election Night and beyond:
- Polls close Tuesday at 8 p.m.
- Approximately 8:15 p.m., vote-by-mail results will be released.
- Approximately 9 p.m., early voting and mid-day ballot pick up results will be released.
- Approximately 10 p.m., first polling place results will be released as workers continue transporting ballots from around the county to Riverside for counting. This update will include polling place ballots arriving to the registrar’s office for tabulation prior to 9:30 p.m.
- Hourly polling place results will be updated until 1 a.m.
- After 1 a.m. updated polling place results will be released every 90 minutes.
Depending on voter turnout, polling place ballot counts will likely continue until 3 a.m. on Wednesday. For election results, check www.voteinfo.net after the polls close and keep track of other Election Day information on Facebook and Twitter.
Registrar of Voters Rebecca Spencer encourages every eligible voter to cast a ballot in the election.
- vote: Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay