RIVERSIDE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM’S NEW MOBILE RESOURCE VAN
RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CA – The Riverside County Library System (RCLS) is excited to announce the launch of two new mobile resource vans, named Library Connect. The Library Connect mobile resource vans will bring many library and literacy services to rural and remote community members year-around beginning February 7, 2022 in select areas of the Western and Desert regions of Riverside County.
With a generous grant from the California State Library, RCLS is now able to provide just-in-time and recurring community education and literacy programs to support Riverside County adults, children and families year around. Library Connect will offer:
“The Library Connect mobile resources vans are an important service in not only bringing books to many communities that don’t have libraries, but also services of our library system such as Wi-Fi, access to computers and literacy programs,” said Riverside County Fourth District Supervisor V. Manuel Perez. “I am glad that Library Connect will resume visiting our small and rural communities, as it fulfills a library’s universal purpose, to make sure everyone in the community has access to learning.”
To locate the Library Connect van and to take advantage of the services, the schedule for the Desert region is as follows:
- 10:00AM – 12:00PM at Galilee Center, 66101 Hammond Rd., Mecca
- 3:00PM – 5:00PM at Mecca Community Center, 65250 Coahuilla St., Mecca
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM at Palm Desert Country Club, Joe Mann Park, 77800 California Dr., Palm Desert
- 3:00PM – 5:00PM at Indio Hills Community Center, 80400 Dillon Rd., Indio Hills
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM at Dateland Park, 52805 Shady Ln., Coachella
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM at La Quinta Park, Corner of Adams St. and Blackhawk Way, La Quinta
- 3:00PM – 4:00PM at Mecca Family & Farmworkers Service Center, 91275 66th, Mecca
- 10:0AM – 12:00PM at North Shore Community Park, 99480 70th, Mecca
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM at Reyes Market, 98960 70th, Mecca
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RCLS has increased its digital resource offerings, transitioned to virtual programs, provided craft kits, offered library eCards and much more to ensure library patrons can continue to enjoy their local library branch services safely from home. The Library Connect mobile resource vans will be another addition to the growing number of community resources RCLS offers bringing much-needed services to Riverside County residents across the region.
Please note that the times are approximate. Stops may occasionally be delayed or cancelled due to weather, vehicle maintenance, or traffic conditions. Library Connect vans will be closed in observance of all County holidays.
The Riverside County Library System is a division of Riverside County Office of Economic Development. For more information, please contact the Riverside County Library System at (951) 369-3003 or visit www.rivlib.net
- RivCo-Library-System-Logo-800×568-1: D3s19n Th1nk1n9