City of Indio to Begin Slurry Seal Project
INDIO — Starting on Nov. 8, the city will be slurry sealing Miles Avenue, between Jefferson Street and Madison Street. Residents and motorists should expect delays, as traffic will be reduced to one lane during construction.
Work on the slurry seal project will begin at 7:30 a.m. each day with lane closures starting at 8 a.m. Lanes will be reopened to traffic at approximately 5 p.m.
Motorists and pedestrians are advised to exercise caution and expect delays when travelling through these intersections during the affected hours. To minimize delays, it is recommended for travelers to use alternative routes or adjust commutes accordingly.
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023: Slurry seal outside lanes. Access will be provided to driveways.
- Thursday, November 9, 2023: Slurry seal inside lanes. Access to driveways will be maintained.
- Friday, November 10, 2023: Remaining slurry seal. Access to driveways will be maintained.
Traffic signals affected (flashing red):
- Jefferson Street and Miles Avenue
- Miles Avenue and Madison Street
This project is part of the City’s street maintenance program that extends the roadway’s service life, improves the ride surface, and prevents water from deteriorating the ground under our streets. The work involves: The application of asphalt slurry seal on the road surface and replacing the roadway striping and markings on the new surface.
Please direct any questions regarding the project to the City of Indio Public Works Department at (760) 391-4017.
- Indio-Festivals-800×568-1: Uken Report