Music Festival Traffic Plan and Information
INDIO – The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will be held at the Empire Polo Club on April 15, 16 and 17 and April 22, 23 and 24, and Stagecoach: California’s Country Music Festival on April 29, 30, and May 1. As such, local city officials are bracing for the traffic.
For a visual look, click here.
From Thursday, April 14 through Sunday, April 17, Thursday April 21 through Sunday, April 24, and Thursday, April 28 through Sunday, May 1, the following roadways will be primary access routes for the festivals.
Expect significant impact to traffic at the following locations:
- Jefferson Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Avenue 48 between Jefferson and Jackson
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe
- I-10 exit eastbound at Washington
On each Friday of the festivals, through each Monday, the following roads will be closed:
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
Expect the following delays:
- Avenue 50 between Madison and Monroe Street will experience intermittent closures and delays before the festivals. Additionally, full closures will occur Friday through Sunday, April 15th – 17th, 22nd – 24th and April 29th – May 1st. The street will reopen to normal traffic patterns on May 6th.
- On each Monday following the festivals, streets surrounding the festival site and Interstate 10 will be busy with over 40,000 campers leaving the area.
- Coachella Music Festival: Shutterstock