Coachella Valley Art Center to Host VETERANS CREATE WORKSHOPS
INDIO — VETERANS CREATE Workshops are no-cost opportunities offered to military veterans living in the Coachella Valley.
These workshops have been designed to be opportunities for Veterans to make use of their unique individual creative talents. VETERANS CREATE is not meant to be art therapy, even though creating can be personally therapeutic. VETERANS CREATE offers opportunities to create in four creative disciplines- Painting, Printmaking (Monoprints), Fused Glass and Glass Blowing.
The Coachella Valley Art Center is based on the premise that using your creativity can benefit your life.
Veterans attending the workshops will be introduced to the basic fundamentals of each discipline. The majority of time will be spent in practicing and interpreting by creating work(s).
Participants will be encouraged to create work using individual imagination and personal experience as inspiration.
The VETERANS CREATE Workshop program has been paid for by a generous individual’s donation.
All supplies will be provided for each workshop. Individual workshop details will be forwarded after an individual has signed up. The workshops and instructors are:
- PAINTING – Nov. 1-4, 2021 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kim Manfredi Instructor
- PRINTMAKING (Monoprints) — Dec. 6-9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wendy Kahle Instructor
- FUSED GLASS — Starts Nov. 3-4 and subsequent Wednesdays/Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Joyce Rooks Instructor
- GLASS BLOWING —Begins in January 2022. Details to be announced.
- PAINTING and PRINTMAKING will require a maximum of 12 participants.
- FUSED GLASS will require a maximum of 8 participants.
NOTE: The VETERANS CREATE workshops will be first come, first served. However, Disabled Veterans will be given priority consideration.
You may sign up at www.coachellavalleyartcenter.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Create Workshop: Coachella Valley Art Center