Desert Regional Medical Center is hosting its annual “Affair of the Heart” in celebration of Heart Month. The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 14 in a large tent on the hospital’s main campus, 1150 N. Indian Canyon Drive.
The event will feature seminars with several Desert Regional Medical Center physicians. Other highlights include: CPR demonstrations; blood pressure and blood glucose screenings; a heart-healthy cooking demonstration with a dietitian; and a low-imphttps://ukenreport.com/annual-tests-every-type-2-diabetic/act fitness demonstration led by Desert Regional’s Cardiac Rehab and Pulmonary Rehab program. Information will be available at tables staffed by the American Heart Association and other community organizations.
The event is free and open to the public. Parking is available via valet and in the hospital parking structure. Guests are asked to RSVP by calling (800) 491-4990.
Following is an agenda for the morning:
- 8 a.m. – Registration & light breakfast foods
- 8:30 a.m. – Learn Hands-Only CPR and How to Use an Emergency Defibrillator with this Easy Demonstration
- 9 a.m. – Know the Early Warning Signs of Heart Disease (Hetal Bhakta, MD – Electrophysiologist)
- 9:30 a.m. – Heart-Healthy Cooking Demonstration (Chef and Dietitian from Desert Regional)
- 9:45 a.m. – Sex After 60 – What to Know About Your Heart in Matters of the Heart (Michael Bagheri, MD – Cardiologist & Chairman of Cardiovascular Services Peer Review Committee)
- 10:15 a.m. – Mid-Morning Stretch Exercise (Tina Louise Moreno, RCP-RRT – Pulmonary Rehabilitation Coordinator)
- 10:30 a.m. — What to Know About Heart Disease and Congestive Heart Failure (Revati Ghatnekar, MD — Cardiologist)
- 11 a.m. — Drug Interactions: A Medication Review and Q&A (Kelsey Lewis, PharmD)
Desert Regional Medical Center is recognized by The Joint Commission with an Advanced Certification in treating Heart Failure. The hospital also has received several “Get with the Guidelines” awards from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for achieving quality measures.
Desert Regional is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the Coachella Valley. A designated trauma center as well as an official STEMI Receiving Center, Desert Regional has technology for emergency and elective heart procedures, including a robotic navigation system for precise treatment of abnormal heart rhythm disorders.
Healthy eating, regular exercise, reducing stress, watching your weight and keeping blood pressure and cholesterol under control are some of the ways you can maintain a healthy heart. We hope you can join us for Affair of the Heart to learn more. To RSVP, call (800) 491-4990 or click here to register online.