The Coachella Valley class of 2020 might not have the usual pomp and circumstance, but some might argue they will get something better. Desert Sands Educational Foundation and Coachella Valley Adopt a Senior Project have teamed together to share a tribute concert Rockin’ Farewell for the Class of 2020 of the Coachella Valley.
Local high school “garage bands” and artists will perform live on Friday, May 29, at 6 pm. The celebration will include interviews with students participating in the Adopt a Senior Project as well as local celebrities. The live performances can be viewed on Facebook Live and YouTube. Links for the event are as follows:
Facebook Live, click here.
YouTube: click here.
Some of the groups and individuals performing for the Rockin’ Farewell include:
- Aztec Choir (Palm Desert High School)
- Mark Wadlund of Instigator (Desert Sands students and alumni)
- The Pescaterritory (Desert Sands students)
- Owyn Marie (Desert Sands student)
- Doug and Meg (Desert Sands alumni)
- SIBS (Desert Sands alumni)
- Grady James (local performing artist, Desert Sands alumni)
- Lisa Lynn and the Broken Hallelujahs (local performing artist)
- Brad Mercer Band
- Mark and Misty (local performing artist)
The Desert Sands Educational Foundation secures funding and awards money to provide supplemental resources that enrich and enhance student learning in Desert Sands Unified School District. In partnership with the public and private sectors, Desert Sands Educational Foundation financially supports creative and innovative programs that enrich and enhance the educational experience in academics, the arts, and extra-curricular activities that engage all students and staff in Desert Sands Unified School District.
Additional information on the foundation can be found by clicking here.
Information on the Adopt a Senior Project can be found on their Facebook page by clicking here.
- Class of 2020: Shutterstock